SPONSOR A CHILD
Whatever gifts you choose will light up your child’s life and be more treasured than you know! But because people have asked, the following suggestions might be helpful:
1. If you choose to sponsor a child, you will receive a packet that will contain a large red bag, name tag and an index card with the child's first name, clothing sizes and around three wish list items. Because kids love to unwrap gifts, we suggest purchasing eight to ten gifts per red bag. Due to mailing costs we ask, whenever possible, that sponsors pick up their packet from their Red Bag Lady (names and email addresses provided below).
2. Please do not include any used items.
3. Some of the gifts can be inexpensive items like socks, gloves, personal care items, sleeping bags and school supplies.
4. A chock-full red bag with clothing, wish list items and extras can usually be packed for $100-$150 for younger children and $150-$200 for older children and teens.
5. The 2021 Red Bags will be delivered on Saturday, December 4th, from 10 am - 2 pm.
Delivery Site For 2021: The KVC Ball Conference Center
21344 W 153rd St
6. The red bags are loaded into one of three moving vans and delivered the following Monday. A BIG THANK YOU TO FRY WAGNER MOVING COMPANY FOR DONATING THE MOVING VANS EACH YEAR!!!
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
RED BAG SPONSOR SHEET
Name _______________________________________________ Previous Sponsor: Yes / No
Info Changes: Yes / No
City, State, Zip Code __________________________________
Phones: ____________________ _____________________ _________________________
Home Cell Work
Please mark the appropriate boxes below to request the number, age and sex of the children you wish to sponsor. We will try to honor your request as nearly as possible.
BOYS GIRLS No Gender Preference
Infant/Preschool Ages 0-4
Elementary Ages 5-11
Middle School Ages 12-14
High School Ages 15-17
Kids “Aging Out” Ages 18+
New this year! As foster kids “age out” of the system, they often don’t have basic items they will need to live on their own. If you adopt one of these teenagers, we recommend both household needs and one or two personal gifts. This may include some of the following ideas (new items please!): towel and washcloth, a shower caddy with toiletries, a pillow, sheets, blanket, dishes, a pot and pan, silverware; as well as clothes, books, etc. This may be a bit more expensive than younger kids, but that little extra will go a long way!
No Age Preference
Pick Up: Arrangements can be made to pick up the Red Bag packet from any of the homes listed below.
In an attempt to save on postage expenses, we ask that you pick up the packets from the Red Bag Lady's home as much as possible; however the mailing of the packets can be arranged. Once we receive your Red Bag Sponsor Sheet, the Red Bag Ladies will fill your request as soon as possible and contact you via phone.
Return this form to one of the following Red Bag Ladies:
Ashley Crouch RedBagsforAshley@gmail.com
159th and Antioch, Overland Park, KS
Donetta Shaner RedBagsforDonetta@gmail.com
124th and Nieman, Overland Park, KS
Donna Crouch RedBagsforDonna@gmail.com
83rd and Nall, Overland Park, KS
Jane Dooley RedBagsforJane@gmail.com
127th and Nieman, Overland Park, KS
Lauren Dooley Johnson RedBagsforLauren@gmail.com
131st and Mission, Overland Park, KS